Food intolerances are responsible for the ‘delayed-onset’ of symptoms, which can occur several hours or days after foods are ingested. The Food Detective test from Cambridge Nutritional Sciences looks for immune mediated intolerances by identifying Immunoglobulin G (IgG) antibodies to certain foods.
Symptoms of a food intolerance include: anxiety, depression, IBS, headaches/migraines, fatigue, hypertension, eczema, asthma, joint pain, chronic rhinitis, arthritis, weight problems and fibromyalgia.
Corn, Durum Wheat, Gluten, Oats, Rice, Rye, Wheat.
Nuts & Beans
Almond, Brazil Nut, Cashew, Cocoa Bean, Peanut, Legume Mix (pea, lentil, haricot), Soya Bean, Walnut.
Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork.
Freshwater Fish Mix (salmon, trout), Shellfish Mix (shrimp, prawn, crab, lobster, mussel), Tuna, White Fish Mix (haddock, cod, plaice)
Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Leek, Peppers (red, green, yellow), Potato.
Apple, Blackcurrant, Grapefruit, Melon Mix (cantaloupe, water melon), Olive, Orange & Lemon, Strawberry, Tomato
Egg (whole), Cow’s Milk, Garlic, Ginger, Mushroom, Tea, Yeast.
How it works
• Finger Prick Test
• Results within 40 minutes
• Handouts and information regarding eliminating any identified foods provided
Limitations to this test
• Will not identify an intolerance to a food that you have not eaten regularly in the last three months
• Will not identify intolerances that are due to enzyme deficiencies such as lactose intolerance or histamine intolerance
• Food intolerance may only be part of the underlying cause of your symptoms
Cost: £90.00 for an hour’s appointment which includes a mini consultation
Would you like to know a bit more?
Contact Helen today for a free, confidential chat to help you decide if a food intolerance test may be helpful for you.